Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Accomplishments & Highlights

Listed in very rough chronological order:

- started my first ColdFusion hosted blog (a la Mango)

- survived "Snomageddon 2010"

- attended NCDevCon conference, and CFUnited conference

- got the downstairs half-bath in my townhouse completely remodeled

- started using Blueprint CSS for more polished looking web apps (grids, fonts, etc.)

- improved my online security with Lastpass toolbar, using random, unique passwords for each site I join (p.s. - thanks, Gawker, for the final push to change my old passwords!)

- finally started using Dropbox

- wrote two plugins for open source projects (Active Directory plugin for CFWheels, and noprint plugin for Blueprint CSS)

- dealt with demands from my Civic Associations (some reasonable, some *very* unreasonable)

- became proficient in Xenu Stealth Link checker

- found out why our organization's web server returns 200/OK instead of 404/Not Found for missing web pages (I wonder if anyone else will care enough to fix it?)

- created my professional first Intranet app using an application framework (CFWheels)

- gained better understanding of and deeper appreciation for jQuery

- turned in my resignation notice to start my own consulting/training company

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, say it ain't so.

Jonah Chanticleer said...

Sorry, dudette, but I'm afraid it's true-- I *did* actually survive SNOMAGEDDON. ;)

Unknown said...

dudette, LOL!

Jonah Chanticleer said...

Well, I guess I could have called you La Duderina, right? You know, if I wasn't into the whole "brevity thing." ;)