Saturday, April 5, 2008

Saturday morning Sudoku Therapy

It's been a pretty good morning. I've recycled my old magazines and solved a six-star, diabolical Pacific Sudoku (courtesy of the DC Examiner) in under 90 minutes. I didn't think it was going to turn out, because I was using a pen and made the "wrong turn" at the critical guessing point-- but somehow, I was able to "backsolve" from the row with the two conflicting numbers and purge the rest of the puzzle's errors.

The upshot of this is a strangely empowering feeling-- not a "Hey, I'm a genius!" kind of feeling, but more like a "I'm back in the flow/rhythm" sort of feeling. You know, like the sort of day when you can look at something that normally has you flummoxed and suddenly, POW!, it all makes crystal clear sense?

No comments: