Saturday, June 30, 2007

Summer Vaca, Day 1

Today is/was my first full day of vacation. I am far from "Mr. Great Vacation Planner", but there are other factors (i.e. money, home improvement projects) that keep me from doing the whole "get out of town" thing. Besides, everyone and their brother is travelling this weekend in anticipation of July 4th-- so traveling would just be stressful and annoying right now.

So, here's what I did on my first day of vacation:

1) read another chapter in "Stumbling on Happiness."

2) solved the DC Examiner's five star (i.e. hardest level) Sudoku puzzle . . . in 22 minutes! Booyah! :D

3) got my haircut.

4) watched four episodes of Joss Whedon's "Firefly." (Thank you, Netflix! They are on their way back home.)

5) tried Caribou Coffee's new Açaí smoothie (too expensive, mediocre taste, and where the heck was the energy kick?)

6) took a nap in the afternoon. :)

7) picked up Daniel Pink's "A Whole New Mind" from my local library, read the first two chapters.

8) bought a safety goggles, breathing mask, ear protection kit at Home Depot. (Yeah, it's more than I will probably ever need, but the price was $7, so I figured why not?)

9) met my new neighbor and introduced myself.

10) Bought the second season DVD for Doctor Who . . . at a 20% discount.

There's probably more trivial stuff, but those are the highlights from which I got the most enjoyment.

No comments: