Thursday, June 19, 2008

After thoughts on Jonah Chanticleer 公鸡: Ethics and the Economic Stimulus Package?

In a previous entry entitled, "Ethics and the Economic Stimulus Package?", I asked if there were any ethical considerations one should have when considering what to do with their economic stimulus package. In reality, the question is moot-- the rising price of gasoline and unpaid debt have consumed most folks economic stimulus check before they could even cash it.

I wasn't necessarily asking the question with the intent of being serious. I'd hoped it might strike a chord with people, start up conversation or garner a link or two. I think it may have succeeded in the first, but failed in the second. Although it is my most frequently visited individual entry, there have been no comments or links to it.

On a lighter note, I'm kicking around an idea for a-- I don't want to call it a contest, but more of an amusement. I think I'll call it "Economic Stimulus Blackjack." The idea is that you start off with an imaginary amount of money-- like $384, for example. You then need to compile a wish list of items in something like Google Products, or Thinkgeek and come as close to $384 as you can without going over that amount. The person who gets the closest to that amount without going over is the "winner."

No comments: