Thursday, January 3, 2008

Some changes for 2008

Just a quick heads up about some changes at this blog--

I've ditched the default style because it was tired. The new default style is W3C's Midnight, and you can still use the style selector to pick from the alternate stylesheets (Swiss, Steely, Chocolate, etc.) It's worth mentioning that this blog uses Javascript and cookies to pull off that style selector gimmickry, so if you don't have Javascript enabled or are paranoid about cookies, consider yourself warned.

Speaking of cookies, this blog also uses Google Analytics to track visitor statistics. This helps me figure out how few readers I have (LOL!), which posts get the most attention, which search engines and keyword searches are bringing people here, etc. Once again, this feature uses Javascript and cookies to do its magic, so if you are concerned about that as a privacy issue, I've made you aware and you can take appropriate measures.

And yes, I was finally able to log back in to Blogger late last night. I'm still not entirely sure what the problem was, but it was localized to my Firefox browser. Once I determined I was able to log in on the same computer with Safari, I knew it had to be a setting and/or Add-On within Firefox that was preventing me from successfully logging in. I wound up disabling all my Add-Ons and dumping all my cookies, and was finally able to get back in.