Friday, December 14, 2007

So close, and yet . . .

Every winter, I get sick. I don't know if it's the mold from the leaves, or the dramatic change between hot and cold weather on a day by day basis, but I usually wind up with a cold and/or sinus infection. Since this usually happens for me around late October/early November, I was thinking I might have avoided that fate this year. If I could just get to Jan 2008, I've have made it one year without my usual winter illness.

I should be so lucky. ;)

I've been washing my hands, using the Purell, taking the Airborne/Vitamin C, etc. and yesterday afternoon I started getting that familiar feeling in the very back of my throat that always proceeds a sinus infection. Just in time for the weekend, naturally. :'(

I'm hoping the Airborne will kick in and give my immune system that extra little boost to fight this back, that this crud just sort of pooled in my sinus and throat while I was lying in bed, and that gravity will help clear things out and I'll feel better.