Sunday, December 2, 2007

Lousy performance from expensive sheets

Yes, the bed sheet saga continues . . .

I was able to take my original bedsheets back to Bed, Bath & Beyond and exchange them for a new set. They were very decent about it, no hassle or paperwork. Just show the receipt, hand over the old set, and take a new set off the shelf. I didn't even have to wait in line again.

Naturally, it was all part of the plot. ;)

You guessed it. This time the stitching came apart on the first run through the washer/dryer cycle. And since I didn't get a new receipt when I made the exchange, I can't prove that I've had this set for less than 30 days.

The upside of this is that this time, the stitch that broke was the top part of the sheet-- so there's nothing exposed to unravel. I'm hoping I can take this by my drycleaners and pay them to add a stronger thread/stitch to all four edges. I like the feel of the material. It's a shame that the quality of the workmanship that keeps it all together is so abysmal.